Red Cedar endeavors to provide a safe and healthy workplace for all employees and the following principles are the foundation of the safety philosophy of the Company:
- Injuries and accidents are preventable through the establishment of and compliance with safe work procedures;
- Employees are expected to take an active role in the promotion of workplace safety;
- Employees are expected to know and follow established safe work procedures;
- All facilities have and employees are trained in the implementation of written Emergency Response/Emergency Management procedures;
- Process Safety Management (PSM) is a consideration for all facilities and a full PSM program is in place for those facilities which fall under the OSHA PSM requirements;
- We conduct internal audits of our facilities regularly to assess the effectiveness of our of Health and Safety programs;
- We hold our contract service providers to the same high Health and Safety standards and regularly conduct audits of our contractors.
Red Cedar is committed to conducting operations in an environmentally responsible manner.
- Each facility complies with written plans and/or permits for the protection of water quality and air quality as well as management of waste materials;
- We conduct internal audits of our facilities regularly to assess the effectiveness of our of Environmental Protection programs;
- We hold our contract service providers to the same high Environmental Protection standards and regularly conduct audits of our contractors.
With regard to both Environmental Protection and Health and Safety issues, Red Cedar, through its employees, shall strive to:
- Comply with all applicable laws, regulations, and performance standards in all operations both to the letter and in spirit;
- Employ “Best Management Practices” in all operations;
- Maintain effective and cooperative relationships with regulatory agencies;
- Ensure that all personnel are aware of regulatory requirements that directly affect their jobs and that they are equally committed to compliance with these requirements;
- Stay informed with respect to state-of-the-art technology in order to improve safety and reduce risk;
- Implement corrective actions, when necessary, to address any identified areas in need of improvement.
Corporate EHS oversight is provided by the Southern Ute Growth Fund’s Safety and Environmental Compliance Management Group (SECMG).